WHAT IS ACCREDITATION AND WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT?
Accreditation is a voluntary activity initiated by the institution that requires a rigorous self-evaluation and an independent, objective appraisal of the overall educational quality by peers. Accreditation emphasizes quality assurance and a commitment to continuous quality enhancement. To achieve accreditation, an institution must:
• Comply with rigorous standards;
• Develop and implement Policies and Procedures;
• Undergo an annual review of its financial stability, retention and placement rates; and
• Undergo announced and unannounced site visits.
If judged to be in compliance with established standards, an accreditation status may be granted for a specific period, ranging from three to eight years.
Why is Accreditation Important?
Accreditation is important because it:
• Helps determine if an institution meets or exceeds minimum standards of quality.
• Helps students determine acceptable institutions for enrollment.
• Assists institutions in determining acceptability of transfer credits.
• Helps employers determine the validity of programs of study and whether a graduate is qualified. Employers often require evidence that applicants have received a degree from an accredited school or program.
• Enables graduates to sit for certification examinations.
• Involves staff, faculty, students, graduates, and advisory boards in institutional evaluation and planning.
• Creates goals for institutional self-improvement.
• Provides a basis for determining eligibility for federal student assistance. Students must attend an accredited institution to apply for federal grants or loans.
Carla Brown Makeup and Beauty is Internationally Accredited with ITEC and awaiting registration approval with the DHET (Department of Higher education and training - South Africa).
ITEC has been awarding high quality and respected industry qualifications since 1947. It is now one of the world's leading and most successful awarding bodies specializing in Beauty and Complementary Therapy, Sport, Fitness and Hairdressing sectors. In 2011 ITEC awarded over 38,000 Certifications in over 38 countries.
ITEC fosters a close working relationship with our College partners who total over 655 across the world, and has offices in London, South Africa and Asia Pacific and representation in Ireland and the United States of America. ITEC offers Colleges and learners one of the largest Beauty and Hairdressing qualification portfolios including qualifications for employability, specialist subjects and skills enhancement (CPD).
What are the benefits of an ITEC International Qualification?
ITEC’s international specialist examination board provides high quality qualifications that are recognized worldwide.
So, whether you want to learn a new specialist skill or update your CV, there is a range of ITEC qualifications available to suit anyone interested in working in the Health and Fitness and related sectors. With employment opportunities sparse these days, it’s all about making your CV stand out. An ITEC qualification can give you that extra feature that will be sure to catch an employer’s attention. As these qualifications are internationally recognized; completing an ITEC training course could also be the perfect passport for working abroad. Opportunities are plentiful when you are well qualified so be sure to check out an ITEC course near you.
International qualifications meet stringent international standards in many nations across the world. With international qualifications, the opportunities are much wider for working when traveling or living overseas. International examinations are also independently assessed and moderated, which ensures the examinations are fair, valid and consistent. You never know where you'll be in 10 years' time, so it's best to ensure you've got international qualifications. You'll also be able to add letters after your name, like "Jane Smith, ITEC Dip. Aesthetician".
One of our graduates based in England summed it up best: "My ITEC diplomas have proven my best asset.”
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ITEC POLICIES
We would like to make all our students aware of the policies governing ITEC International that are there to support and protect the Students who register to sit ITEC Examinations:
All the policies are available for viewing on the ITEC World website: http://www.itecworld.co.uk/
Hard copies thereof are also available through the College filed under “International Policies”.
For your own benefit and knowledge, you are encouraged to make yourself aware of these policies:
• Application for Qualification approval form Fees and Invoicing Policy
• Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
• Reasonable Adjustments and Special Considerations
• Special Considerations Request Form
• Reasonable Adjustments Request Form
• Appeals Policy
• Complaints Policy
• Malpractice and Maladministration Policy
• Malpractice and Maladministration Guidance
• Customer Service Statement
• Sanctions Policy
• Withdrawal of a Qualification
• Dealing with Requests RPL
• Whistleblowing Policy